Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Bar Maid Always Rings Twice

Today we have a situation from the incomparable "Hot" Carl Wissman:

Inga,I want to know if the guy I'm dating wants to be exclusive with me, but I want HIM to bring it up. For some reason I feel like it's his turn. How can I trick him into bringing it up?Oh, and I'll have a pitcher of Brooklyn Winter Ale, please. Just one glass. Thanks, toots.

Why do you feel it's his turn? Did you make the initial declarations of love or something? And I only have Bronx Winter Ale. Mmmm, tastes like riots...

It shouldn't have to be about tricking anyone, my love. If you want to be exclusive, what is your hesitation of bringing it up? Though I will say if you absolutely must go this way, might I suggest a romantic date at a sushi place that serves sake bombs? I know it's those that made me admit to the officer that yes, I have had a few tonight. I still maintain I can't say the alphabet backwards sober on that one. And I'll have to refer you to my lawyer if you need any more details on that.

My instinct is to just bite the bullet yourself. Talk to him, that's what it's supposed to be about, right? Not some tally on who was vulnerable when or who wins points for doing what. Except sexual favors, those feel free to tally, it's the only way to maintain a balanced relationship.

Drink up, my darling. Love is not as complicated as we all would like it to be. Getting these puppies [points to bosom] into this outfit every morning, however, really is.

No comments: